Wednesday morning stove fire contained by firefighters

On Tuesday, July 13th, 2021, at approximately 8:30 am, the Turlock Fire Department received a call of a potential structure fire in the 900 block of Georgetown Ave. The caller reported that her stove top had caught fire and was spreading to the rest of the kitchen. Battalion 4, Engine 31, Engine 33, and Engine 34 were dispatched.

Engine 34 arrived on scene within a couple minutes of being dispatched and reported that smoke was visible from both upstairs and downstairs windows of the residence. Crews made entry into the residence and found a kitchen fully involved. They were quickly able to knock down and extinguish the fire, preventing any further damage.

The damage caused was estimated to be about $70,000. The American Red Cross responded to provide assistance to the two residents of the home who have been temporarily displaced until repairs have been made.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s