Dogs rescued from burning home Saturday evening
On Saturday, September 25th, 2021, at 5:53 pm, the Turlock Fire Department, Modesto Fire Department, and American Medical Response were dispatched to a reported residential working structure fire at a residence in the 800 block of N Broadway, Turlock.
When crews arrived on scene, they found moderate amounts of smoke coming from the residence and confirmed that there was a working fire in the interior. Crews worked in the offensive strategy and quickly brought the fire under control, putting it out shortly thereafter. Crews were able to contain the fire to the kitchen.
During search efforts inside the residence, crews did not locate any humans, however, did locate two dogs. They were brought out to safety and were unharmed by the fire.
The Turlock Irrigation District as well as Pacific Gas and Electric Company responded to the scene to secure utilities, while American Medical Response responded to provide firefighter and patient care. The Modesto Fire Department and Turlock Rural Fire Protection District provided city coverage while this incident was on-going.
The fire’s cause is suspected to be an electrical issue in the kitchen, however, that is yet to have been confirmed and still remains under investigation. Anyone with information that could assist in the investigation is encouraged to call Fire Marshal Mark Gomez at 209-669-2119.