Construction crew ruptures gas line and causes leak resulting in large shelter in place Wednesday morning

On Wednesday, October 12th, 2022, at 10:40 am, the Turlock Fire Department was dispatched to a reported natural gas leak in the 2000 block of N Quincy Rd, Turlock.

Firefighters arrived on scene and found that a construction crew had accidentally struck and ruptured a four inch natural gas line, causing a leak.

Those living within the boundaries of Castleview Dr, N Daubenberger Rd, Mira Flores Dr, and N Johnson Rd were all automatically ordered to shelter in place while the Pacific Gas and Electric Company responded to secure the leak.

It took about two hours for the leak to be secured and an additional four to six hours to conduct repairs.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s