Man drops lit cigarette in vehicle and starts fire early Thursday morning

On Thursday, March 3rd, 2022, at 12:02 am, the Turlock Fire Department was dispatched to a reported vehicle fire at Walmart Neighborhood Market, 2480 Geer Rd, Turlock.

When firefighters arrived on scene, they found a silver Toyota sedan fully involved.

Crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire and prevent it from spreading to another vehicle and a tree just a few feet away, as well as some power lines just above it.

When firefighters spoke to the vehicle’s owner, he told them that he was smoking a cigarette inside his vehicle and accidentally dropped it, starting the fire.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s